KR Castlemaine Fresh Pork
KR Castlemaine's Fresh Pork Range pork products are bred free range.
KR Castlemaine's Free Range Certifier is unknown at this time. We are currently awaiting further information on KR Castlemaine's Fresh Pork Bred Free Range standards.
KR Castlemaine Fresh Pork Bred Free Range products in NSW, ACT and northern Victoria are now certified by the RSPCA's Approved Farming Scheme as a combination farming system.
RSPCA's standards include,• Farms are inspected by RSPCA employed assessors.
• Teeth clipping and tusk trimming is permitted.
• Farrowing crates and sow stalls not permitted.
• Nose ringing, tail docking, and surgical castration are not permitted.
• There are no standards for the use of antibiotics and growth promoting hormones.
• Dual systems allowed on farms where supply chain traceability can be ensured.
(That is, both free range and barn housed systems can exist on the same farm.
• Breeding pigs (sows and boars) have access to outdoor range areas.
• Weaners (growing pigs) are kept in indoors or in covered systems.
(That is, only breeding pigs have unrestricted daylight access to the outdoors.)
RSPCA's Approved Farming Scheme standards for pigs are available here.
Further information is available on their website. Otherwise, please contact KR Castlemaine if you would like to know who certifiers their fresh pork range in your State or Territory.