• Farms are independently audited.
• Dual systems allowed on farms.
• The use of antibiotics and growth hormones is not specified.
• Stocking density indoors must not exceed 12 birds per square metre.
• There are no limits for outdoor stocking densities in the standards.
• Beak trimming and wing clipping are permitted.
Manning Valley free range standards for free range eggs are available here (AECL Guidelines).
AECL are currently redrafting their standards for free range egg production. The new draft standards will allow beak trimming and increase stocking densities on farms to a massive 20,000 birds per hectare.
- Street: PO Box 598
- City: Forster
- State: NSW
- Postcode: 2428
- Telephone: (02) 6551 3455