Australian Certified Organic (ACO), a subsidiary of Biological Farmers of Australia (BFA), is a certifier for organic and biodynamic produce. Certification ensures compliance with national production standards and allows trace back of all products to their origin.
General standards include,
• Farms and abattoirs are independently audited.
• Antibiotics and growth promoting hormones are not permitted.
• Animals have free access to pasture.
• Feedlots, farrowing crates, and sow stalls are not permitted.
• Certified to national and international organic standards.
ACO standards can be found here.